New Year Skin Detox
A poor diet and overindulging over Christmas not only affects your waistline but can also wreak havoc on your skin. It can lead to skin becoming dehydrated, dull, pale and sallow, and prone to acne breakouts.
- Try these simple tips to get your skin glowing again!
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate the skin and body – try adding a slice of fresh lemon, orange, cucumber or a sprig of fresh mint to make it more appealing if you don’t like plain water.
- Get plenty of sleep – during sleep the body and skin repairs itself. Keep phones and electronic items out of bedroom as this can impair sleep quality.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables – as well as being packed with nutritious vitamins and minerals, vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale and cabbage can help balance hormones.
- Cut out sugar and refined foods – too much sugar impairs collagen production and repair, which can cause premature ageing and sagging of the skin.
- Exercise – you don’t have to go to the gym. Go out for a brisk walk and get some fresh air
- Cut out alcohol